Wednesday 14 October 2015

Minion Fondant Cake behind SCENE!!

The Fulfilling my son's 8th birthday request by making his favourite "MINION" birthday cake !!! It's SUPER SUPER cute minion "Bob"!!! 




This is a Choc sponge cake with (inner) Choc buttercream + mini colourful marshmallows, (outer) Mint Choc ganache frosting. Total weight 5kg cake.
...............................................................

Recipe

Choc sponge cake (1X recipe) 
(Bake @ 160degree / 20mins)

I'm using (1x recipe) using a metal stainless bowl baking a "DOME" for minion's head top. 

I'm using (2X recipe) baking a 7" cake. Baking tempt adjust baking @160degree/60mins

Total baking 3 1/2 cakes for the whole minion. 

Spreading mini colourful marshmallows on it on alternate layers on Choc buttercream.

My hands start shaking as this my 1st time making such a TALL layers of cakes!!

Finally place the dome on TOP!!! I'm using a cake slicer to slice a layers. Remember pls don't throw away the top layer of the cake as u may cut small pcs to fill up the gap of the dome. It's ok to b ugly no worries as u will ganache it later...

I'm seriously frosting my Choc mint ganache with a small metal spatula as it's almost done and I got no time to have any faulty !!! It's already around 2am when I'm doing this after my work!! SUPER tiring!!

Te..da..!!! Finished frosting my 3 1/2 cakes with Choc mint ganache. I place it into the fridge refrigerate for a nite. (Optional for u) 

Even I super busy also never forget to take a selfie with my undress Minion!!! Lol... Hahahaha!!! Next day doing the covering of the fondant . 

My DIY fondant !!! 


Time to DRESS up!!! I'm using a fondant mat rolled and flatten it. 

On its way dressing up... It's getting more fun, excited and anxious with every steps creating this minion!! Remember plan every steps u r doing next... Or else once u paste wrongly, peeling out again the DARK colour will dye on the LIGHT Colours. 

Qns: How I paste my fondant on the cake?

Ans: Firstly frost the cake with buttercream/Choc ganache (No fresh cream as it will melt) covered the fondant on the cake. As for pasting fondant/gum paste together, use a CLEAN small painting brush and prepare a small bowl of water, use water act as GLUE!!! Jux brush a little of water on the area u wanna to glue up and jux stick to it. Simple right??

My Minion was getting more and more realistic huh even with no hands also looks super CUTE!!! Hahaha... It look easy to DIY this but I spend 2-3hrs for his Minion LOOK!!!

Qns: Why the fondant looks wet?

Ans: I'm using a brush with a water to brush off the excess icing powder on it, in order to give it a CLEAN look!! I normally do this when I'm 3/4 way done!!! Thks to my hubby for taking this brushing job!! He's doing GREAT!!! Lol...

My son's Minion Fondant Cake nicely DONE!!! Jux place ur fondant cake at room tempt. 
Hope u like this tutorial of this Minion behind scene!!! Thank you.. !!! Will post another art work on my girl's Bday on DEC 2015 soon.. Bye!!! 

































No comments:

Post a Comment